Sunday, April 10, 2011

Preview





We just got back from our wonderful road trip to Grand Rapids. We had a great time. There's nothing quite like stepping away from the normal scenes and routines, and seeing new places while connecting with some of our favorite people.


I may not have mentioned, but we were travelling with my mother-in-law, Gustie, and we met up with our two "Aunties," who we all adore. (in related news, I've decided that a 5:2 adult-to-kid ratio is just about perfect for travelling.)

To make it that much better, when we arrived home it was pushing 80 degrees and it was beautifully sunny. We grilled some vegetables (and meat for my gents), and ate dinner on the deck.



Now Stefan has the boys at the playground, so I can "do laundry" and "unpack," but what I'm really doing--between loads of laundry--is checking out the pictures on my camera. Here are a few highlights... more to come in future posts!


1 comment:

Connie said...

I can hardly wait for more photos of the get-away weekend. Do you remember our Holidome weekends with the Roths. All 6 of you kids could roam around together without parents - we could usually at least see or hear you. Dan and Mike played putter golf all around the place. I remember the paper airplanes sailing down from the upper floors...... Also the time Stephen packed toys - no clothes or bathing suit! Of course Joyce and I enjoyed our time together.