Also, the weather has been AMAZING. We have the house fan on right now and I love it. Saturday evening, on "date night," Stefan and I went downtown Ann Arbor. It was one of those days that nearly makes it worthwhile to survive a dark and cold Michigan winter--because when it is suddenly warm and beautiful you appreciate so much more. We sat outside at an Italian Restaurant (because I knew I could depend on very good wine!) and enjoyed people-watching and child-free conversation as nearly all of Ann Arbor seemed to be out and about on Main Street. In fact, for the first time in three years, I ran into a cadet while out on Main Street. Here's the picture he took of us:

Stefan ran a program at the Science Center on Saturday called "Cast Iron Chef". He developed this over the past few months, which involved outdoor cooking and natural ingrediants. It was a success! He even had junior high girls tasting dandalion greens. How remarkable is that?
Jameson has a new trick--clapping his hands. Since this is so similar to the sign for "more" (clapping fists together) I'd like to think he has picked up that sign. But, it appears that he just enjoys the new skill. When he claps while eating, I try to convince him that he is saying "more" in an attempt to see if he can figure out that he can communicate with his hands. Maybe soon! Also, he is babbling "Mamamamama." I'd like to think that he does this because of me... and in fact one time this weekend when he was fussing for me and I came to pick him up, he clearly said "Mama". So I can hope that he has learned my name!
My mom mentioned something about comparison of the two boys, so I pulled out some old pictures of Alex to put next to Jameson's pictures.
Jameson and his ever-present tongue:
Big brother Alex doing the same thing!
The famous picture of Alex that we have framed and hanging up! I hope to get a picture of Jameson in a similar angle to frame as well.
Jameson the messy eater:
Alex the messy eater. I know we have some "messier" shots but I couldn't find them.
And this is Alex, just to show my Dad that he was just as delightfully chubby as Jameson is now! (my friend Sharon took this picture, by the way).
If nothing else, you can see the change in digital technology in five years!
Oh, is anyone else not able to see the video below? I have one person not able to view it. Thanks in advance for any feedback in helping me trouble-shoot this.
No comments:
Post a Comment