Monday, August 30, 2010

Shameless plug

I don't normally use this blog for anything other than communicating about the kids and our family. However, there's a blogger and photographer in Florida that I have been following for over a year now, and he's put together a fantastic compilation of songs into an Album. It is called "Do Fun Stuff," and is designed to be a kids' ablum that parents love. The proceeds from the sale of it all go to research for Smith Magenis Syndrome. (His cute step-son has this rare genitic disease.)

I can understand how heart-wrenching it is to watch someone you care about suffer from a terrible disease; I also know a little bit about what a horrible disease can do to family members and loved ones. Really, the whole family has the disease and is affected by it greatly.

Given our own experiences with ALS, I'm inspired by Ryan's work and his dedication to his cause. It motivates me to find ways to raise money for ALS research. If you have a few moments I think it would be worth your time to check this out. I've already downloaded the album and this it is FANTASTIC.


No comments: