A few weeks ago, a few days after the week at the lake, we went to Kentucky for a long weekend to see the Baker side of the family. I briefly mentioned it here before diving back into another challenging work-week, immediately followed by house-guests and other excitement.
In fact, I haven't given this trip much thought since we got back. This could be because the last memory of the trip was a long, torturous, challenging, long (oh, I mentioned that?) drive back north. You'd think six hours of driving wouldn't mean ten hours of travel time, but then you've never travelled with my sons.
So what I'm saying is that I didn't give this trip the due justice it deserved, either in my thinking or here on the blog.That is, until I jumped over to my brother's flickr site and saw the fantastic pictures he took. He has such talent with the camera--as does his awesome wife Jurate--that I immediately remembered that this was, indeed, quite a nice little trip.

The scenery was just gorgeous, for starters. We were nestled between the Natural Bridge State Park and the Red River Gorge.

But the time with family was the most important, really. We shared meals together, we played games, we watched the boys goof off in the not-too-hot tub.






No comments:
Post a Comment