Sunday, August 28, 2011

Happy Hour(s)
































Remember when I used to be a blogger? I asked Stefan. I used to take pictures all the time and post a few times a week.


Now, I'm lucky to come to this space once a week. Life got busy about two years ago when we moved into this new house, and it hasn't settled down since.


But one night I knew I had to record happened just over a week ago. It started with a beautiful, sunny afternoon. I went for a solo bike-ride and picked up ingredients for a great meal. I came home, preparing the meal in the kitchen with the wind blowing in through the windows and boys running around the yard playing.


After dinner, we all drifted back outside and I became infatuated with the play of the light on the boys while they tossed a toy airplane. I pulled out the long-neglected camera and secured some pictures to record the night.


As often happens, that airplane ended up on the roof. Stefan pulled out a ladder, and let Jameson go up on the roof. Let's repeat that--Jameson got to go up on the roof. The excitement just boiled up out of his body, he was so thrilled. He managed to follow our directions and stay securely in the middle while Alex fetched the airplane.


As summer drifts to a close, these are the moments I'll hold on to.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

and some how, you got J to wear actual shoes too!