Sunday, August 7, 2011

Beach vacation





















Every two years, we go to the beach with my family. Our pilgrimage just ended yesterday, and I got back home tonight. (Stefan, the boys, and Gustie--who we were thrilled to have join us this year--are still on vacation... I know, I know, not-cool-for-the-one-with-the-crazy-job)


I don't have my brother's beautiful, artistic photographs yet--or even my own attempts at photography with my "big-girl" camera since it is still in the car with my family.


But these pictures above, all taken on my iPhone, pretty much summarize my blurry, tired, swirling thoughts on beach experience. Family, food, and boys too busy to slow down for pictures. Early morning solitude for yoga and beach walks, and the discovery of sea turtle tracks. Sand in between the toes and muscles heavy from all the swimming.


I wish we could move in here and stay forever, Alex said as we packed to leave.


Me too.



(for fun... 2009 (a few posts) and 2007)

No comments: