Thursday, January 19, 2012

Catching up




The hospital may have been open for six weeks, but I still feel like I'm catching up. I suppose months of intense work and stress do have a way of piling up.

Laundry is similar, oddly enough.

Luckily there are enough light-hearted moments with these boys of mine to keep me smiling through the cold of winter. A few weeks back, Jameson was inspired to create a new "home" for Chipmunk, so we all worked together to paint a cardboard box. Chipmunk was pretty pleased with the results.



My favorite way to stay warm these days is to have a fire in the evening. It is frequently the boys' responsibility to bring in the logs and set up the fire. I asked Jameson to do it one night, and was at once surprised, delighted, and amused at his response:

No Mama, I'm not the right man for that job.




No comments: