Monday, January 23, 2012

A good evening


(Pictures from a recent snow storm... if three inches can be called a storm)


Sometimes things just work out.

I came home today to find Jameson showing off (another) cardboard creation for his stuffed animals. It really was fascinating to see the details that he put into it.

Then, before I could say anything else, he brought in the firewood, set up the fire, and cleaned up the living room.



Let me repeat... he made a fantastic project that delights his Mama not only in the creativity but that it is feeding his imaginary world.

Then, he made a fire and cleaned up the pillow-strewn living room.


(Later, he kicked his brother and got into trouble, but let's not dwell on those details)


His last action before going to sleep was to drag the cardboard creation up into his bed so that he can be close to his animals in their new home. I was in the basement when I heard him explain to Stefan why he was up out of bed, and then heard him run back up with the "home". I smiled to myself, wondering how much longer we'll get to enjoy his imaginary world... and knowing however long we are privileged to witness this it won't be nearly long enough.



No comments: