Sunday, May 19, 2013

What we do





Before the weather got warm, and Jameson could spend nearly every waking moment outside, we spent a lot of time talking about Legos, saving money for Legos, and finally---on a particularly special day---buying new Legos.  Just the two of us... Alex and Stefan were gone for the night for a cabin camp-out event.  I was reminded of years ago, and another little boy who was similarly absorbed in Legos.  I spent the evening absorbed in watching him create; he spent the evening talking about each step and showing me various ships and figures.  Not a bad way to pass a Friday night.

Then, Saturday morning was spent with his "friends".  The lions, the ocelot (new to our collection), Chipmunk, and others.  I'm not sure when he'll grow out of this, but I know I'll miss it.  Each time I start to get tired of creating dialogue between the various animals, I remind myself that this, too, will become a distant memory someday.  So the little creatures "chat" with Jameson, and share stories, and talk about all sorts of things... at least unless the voice behind them wants another cup of coffee and we find something else to occupy our time.





No comments: