Recent Alex quotes:
"With J-Mo, it's like we're all his SLAVES."
"Mama loves us all, Jameson, even Daddy."
(said with my incredulity, like this is a crazy idea)
Just heard today:
"I hope we find a Mexican restuarant so I can have some egg-drop soup."
(we are extremely proud of the fact that we have exposed him to so many different cuisines, but were laughing at his ability to mix them up!)
"Mama, when is the next meteor shower?" me: "I don't know."
(insert whiny voice here) "But I've never seen a meteor shower and I really want to!"
Two older quotes I forgot to add earlier:
"The indoors of my nose is melting."
(said regarding a stuffy nose)
"For Halloween, I'm going to be Luke, you will be Princess Leah, and Jameson will be Toyota." Short pause while Stefan and I stare at each other
me: "Toyota??" Alex: "Yeah, you know that little green guy."
me (barely controlling laughing): "You mean Yoda??" Alex: "Yes, that's him!"
The big news---Jameson has curls starting!! Here are a few pictures.
The job search has presented one interesting option and one closed door. Lots of thinking to do... Oh--and I went to South Carolina for a day and a half last weekend for Mike and Jurate's wedding shower. I experienced Southern Hospitality (complete with pecan pie, strawberry shortcake, grits and cream puffs!) and a local-color-Beatles concert. It was great to catch up with Mom and Nicole as well as the happy couple. I'm getting excited about the wedding in Lithuania!
I got home early on Sunday morning (Mother's Day) and then Jameson and I spent the day together while Stefan and Alex went up to see Pop and get haircuts. Jameson and I had a backyard picnic together, and I kept trying to replicate a picture I have of Alex at about the same age reaching for raspberries. I never quite got the right picture, but I did get some cute ones.


One night this week Stefan was out at a meeting, so I had both the boys on my own. This normally isn't a problem, but the evening just seemed to drag on and they were particularly challenging. Then, a thunder storm started. On a lark, I asked Alex to get some flashlights out. I got out a few candles and lit them... suddenly an idea blossomed in Alex's mind. "Disaster night!" We spent time preparing for what we would do in the event of a power outage or other natural disaster (we even had drills where Alex would turn out the light and we would see how long it took us to turn on a flash-light). He was enthralled with his new idea and wants to do it at least once a month. It kept him busy and occupied and Jameson liked watching the candles. (note: Alex has been challenging recently... I wonder if he is just bored?? We're all looking forward to kindergarten starting!)
While spending the night at Baba and Papa's house (my in-laws), Jameson learned how to use a sippy cup! He's very proud of his new skill and practices it even when he is not thirsty by sucking in water and then letting it dribble out of his mouth and onto his clothes! The other new skill is his method at pointing at things in the air that excite him. He turns his palm back towards his body. Usually this is limited to fans and lighting fixtures, but here he is pointing at the leaves.
While spending the night at Baba and Papa's house (my in-laws), Jameson learned how to use a sippy cup! He's very proud of his new skill and practices it even when he is not thirsty by sucking in water and then letting it dribble out of his mouth and onto his clothes! The other new skill is his method at pointing at things in the air that excite him. He turns his palm back towards his body. Usually this is limited to fans and lighting fixtures, but here he is pointing at the leaves.
The boys on Mother's Day evening in matching hats: (I was wearing a matching hat too!)