No, he wasn't trying to give himself a mud-mask or practice for the world-champion mud wrestling competition. It was a warm night and we were all in the backyard. Alex and I were playing ball, Jameson was crawling around on the grass and Stefan turned on the hose to water the garden. I noticed Jameson make a bee-line for the spicket because there was a small line of water dripping down... no big deal. In the space of 45 seconds, he transformed himself from a relatively clean baby into this!!
On the topic of Star Wars from the last posting, here are some pictures of Alex performing his jedi tricks:
And a few pictures of Jameson and I from the farmer's market. Thanks to Jenni who took these pictures. I know I mentioned it before, but it was a really fun outing. The weather was perfect, the market was full, there were flowers and asparagus and a few other fresh produce items for sale, great friends, a turkey sandwich with Phil's Chevre Herb cheese...is there anything better?
After the farmer's market, Sylvie stayed at our house for a few hours. I was outside listening to their conversation as they played. It constantly amazes me how different boys and girls can be. So I love it when Sylvie visits and I see her and Alex try to combine their imaginary worlds. Before I had kids, I thought the stereotype of boys wanting cars and girls wanting dolls was perpetuated by their parents! But Jenni, Sylvie's mom, isn't the type to push dolls or fairies or princesses... anyhow, it is too late tonight to go too far into the nature vs. nuture argument tonight, so here is a summary of my observations for your viewing pleasure: (S=Sylvie, A=Alex)
S: Pretend I'm a princess trapped over here by this bench and you are a prince that comes and saves me. Okay?
A: Okay, but I'm a jedi knight. And there's a big hurricane striking and I have to use my light saber to get through it. Okay?
S: Okay but I'm a beautiful princess and I'm going to hide under here during the storm. Come hide under here with me. Okay?
A: Okay, but I'm going to stop the hurricane and now we're going to pretend we're on a ship sailing through the Galaxy and I'm a Jedi and so are you. Okay?
S: Okay, but I'm hiding under here during the storm because I'm a princess but I still carry this light saber. And then, and then, and then pretend that we're on a boat in the ocean and that's the island we're going to. Let's say this is the look out on the ship. Okay?
A: Okay. (Alex runs around waving his sword while Sylvie picks flowers for a while)
A: Okay, so now we're going to fight some bad guys because we are the good guys. Okay?
S: Okay, but I'm the princess and ... (you get the idea!)
Alright... so there are a few exaggerations here... but you get the picture. This is why kids need other kids to play with... I have somehow lost the ability to get into his world like that.
1 comment:
I am so relieved to see that I'm not the only mom who lets her kid take the cushions off the couch and go crazy. Gotta say, Alex's moves are a little more impressive than Cameron's though!
Post a Comment