Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brotherly relations--in two conversations

A: Jameson, I'm trying to read. Please stop bothering me.
J: I'm not bovering you, A-WIX. Whass that guy do? Does he have special powers?
A: No, J. He's not a super-hero. And anyway, I'm trying to read. Can you go get your own book?
J: I like dis book, A-WIX. Oh, look at dat guy, A-WIX. I wanna be like dat guy, A-WIX.
A: Okay, J. I'm reading. Please leave me alone.
J: I'm not bovering you. LOOK AT DAT ONE! What does he do?
A: JAMESON, I'm TRYING to READ.
J: A-WIX!!
(struggle, push, shove)
A: MOMMMM! I'm SOO annoyed at Jameson!




A: Mama, I'm worried about J.
M: Oh really, why?
A: Because he's at Extreme Bounce Zone. What if he falls down and gets hurt? What if he falls off the equipment?
M: Are you upset because you aren't at the party too?
A: No, it's not that. I'm just really worried about him. I can't stop thinking about him there. He just seems so little, and the equipment is so big. I don't think I could handle it if he got hurt.

(And this is where I was completely overwhelmed by this sweet, kind brother... I hope he always cares so deeply about his brother, desipte how often he gets annoyed!)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Love this story, Christine! What a lucky boy J is to have a big brother like Alex!