Sunday, February 14, 2010

Power




Conversation this morning:

J: Mama, I've got POWERS!
M: Yes, I know you do.
J: And A-WIX has POWERS too!
M: Yes, so does Alex.
J: And Daddy has special POWERS. HE CAN FIGHT MONSTERS!

While I appreciate his confidence and belief in his father's ability, what struck me about this conversation was the blatant truth---not in monsters, although perhaps Stefan does have magical powers---but in the amazing power and potential of these kids.

Sometimes it just blows me away. They have no idea what they are capable of.



Or, perhaps they do. Friday night I came home and went across the street to pick up the boys. Baba and Papa (Stefan's parents) had been watching the boys. And I found Jameson--get this--wrapped up in his Blankie (which had been warmed for him in the dryer) in Baba's arms, getting pieces of popcorn fed directly into his mouth at his demand.

Hmmm, I think this one knows the power he has.


(picture not indicative of our weather--it is from last November--but very indicative of the power of cute)

No comments: