Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunny Sunday


Sunday morning started with sun pouring through our back windows, warming our house and lightening our moods. I was ambitious enough to make some multigrain pancakes in our silly Mickey Mouse waffle maker that we captured at a White Elephant party in December.

As I sat down to the scene above I was quite content... delicious tea in a mug made by my sister-in-law, my Mickey waffle--loaded with blueberries--on a plate made by my brother, and a little glass of water full of blossoms that Jameson had picked for me a few days before.



My dining partner has a much different taste in waffles; I've learned to prepare a simple recipe first, and make a few waffles for him. Then I had interesting seeds and grains and fruit, and make waffles for the rest of us. I was treated to a very, very thorough description of his new toys while we ate. I couldn't have been more thrilled.



Then I coerced the boys into coming outside with me so that I could take some pictures while the sun lasted.


(And I'm not kidding about the coercing. You'd have thought by the complaints I heard that I was a cruel Mama, forcing them to fold laundry or scrub the floors rather than play outside on a beautiful morning. I've been noticing additional resistance recently whenever we switch activities, or when we suggest something new. The resistance only lasts for 10 or 15 minutes. Then we turn a corner and peace reigns again. )




I hope your Sunday morning was as wonderful as ours...










1 comment:

SlugWhisperer said...

Correction - it was at a Pasty Pachyderm party where we obtained the waffle maker.