Thursday, July 1, 2010

Alex as a toddler

In the midst of this very fun week of freedom from parenting, I've been doing some cleaning and organizing. I came across pictures and notes from when Alex was a toddler and in day-care in Virginia. Apparently I was quite the saver... I have many, many of his day-end reports from his primary teacher. I got quite a kick out of reading them now and thought I'd share a few. The reports told us what he ate that day, how he napped, and other details of his day. They also had space for the teacher to write in a few sentences about his day. Here are a few:

9/11/2003 Alex stopped crying in 2-3 minutes. He enjoyed our group sponge painting, the pushing bee toy, playdough and outside time.
(it was always a struggle to drop him off... in the beginning he would cry. Later, he would just cling to me)

10/7/2003 Alex enjoying "writing" letters and stuffing them in our mailbox--he especially liked licking the envelope (all over)!

10/14/2003 Alex enjoyed painting our "barn"--this time he didn't eat all the paint!
(I'm hoping this was one of the days that they used a food product as paint--ie, whipped cream--but who knows what he might have eaten)

10/27/2003 Alex was one of the braver children--actually put his hand inside the pumpkin and pulled out goo and seeds.

Eventually I stopped keeping every single sheet, but I'm glad I kept some of them. It was a fun trip down memory lane, when every day I struggled to get two-year-old Alex to day-care, and then leave him--crying, pouting and looking at me with sad eyes. It provided quite a comparison to eight-year-old Alex, who bravely dismissed me so he could enjoy his week of camp!




1 comment:

Tomo said...

I am glad to know I'm not the only sentimental mother...I saved Cooper's Daily Sheet from his first day of school! :) AND, I completely understand the disgruntled child at drop off...Cooper just learned that trick in the last few weeks. :-/