Now that this weekend is upon us, I'm just downloading pictures from last weekend. I pulled out the camera a few times, mostly when were dashing outside into the cold weather or sitting near a big blast of sunshine.
If his parents could endure it, Alex would spend all of his time throwing the football back and forth. He really likes going across the street to play, so he can practice diving in the grass to catch the ball. (he has the grass stains on his jeans to prove it) His endurance out-lasts both mine and Stefan's, so we were glad to have my dad around to take a turn. He loves it so much that it makes me wish I could do nothing but this all day long.
Jameson alternates between Star Wars and other imaginary play that involves bad guys and good guys, and the good guys triumphing over the bad guys. If his brother could endure it, he would spend all day long but build huge "Army forts" in the living room and then be his brothers' assistant in "Army battles". I love nothing more than to hear them play together, the fearless leader and his dedicated side-kick (Quick, Jay... I'm injured... pull me back into the fort!). But just like our capacity for throwing the ball over and over and over eventually ends, so too does Alex's ability to play Army Battle for hours.
But there are Zoobs to play with, and books to read, and so we move on to other activities. The weekends pass quickly, and then we're back in our weekday routine. But now we're at the start of the weekend again, and its time to enjoy these little moments with the boys before I'm waking them up early for school and packing their lunches.
I hope your weekend is just as much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment