Monday, March 21, 2011

Walking on Water


I want to walk on water, Mama.

Oh really Jameson? I asked, as I lay on a cushion next to him. He was devouring apples and I had my arms wrapped lightly around him. With my fingers I combed through his hair, and we looked outside as the sun was setting. Alex was nearby, reading a new book and occasionally chuckling to himself.

Yes. How do I do that?




We haven't figured that out yet, but a warm, 60-degree day in March feels nearly as amazing. I came home the other day to this scene... chalk artistry on the porch, sun shining on faces and arms, and boys jumping for joy.


They say location is everything, and a beautiful, sixty-degree day slammed right in the middle of a cold and blustery March feels like winning the lottery, walking on water, and finding the lucky pot of gold all at once.


Happy Spring!















1 comment:

Unknown said...

definitely a future science project!