This morning was so beautiful that after I came back from yoga---and made the eagerly requested pancakes---we loaded a backpack full of snacks and water and drove to the University of Michigan Arboretum.
I used to run at "The Arb" several times a week when I was in the Air Force and working on Central Campus as part of the ROTC department. While I enjoyed hiking in the warm spring air and watching my family scamper over the trails, it was a little bittersweet as I thought of old friends and fun times.
The only downside as far as my sons were concerned was that I didn't bring any jelly beans. My mistake, apparently, although they didn't seem to appreciate my rebuttal. (It's Mother's Day... you have to do whatever I want)
My favorite part of the day was when we were close to the top of the largest hill and we turned around to enjoy the view. Jameson was very excited and yelled in his characteristically spirited voice, "MAMA, WE CAN EXPLORE THE WHOLE WORLD."
I promptly agreed (I'm still looking for someone to fund a world-wide trip... any takers?).
And then I smiled even more when he added, "We can do it as a WHOLE FAMILY."
I promptly agreed (I'm still looking for someone to fund a world-wide trip... any takers?).
And then I smiled even more when he added, "We can do it as a WHOLE FAMILY."
No comments:
Post a Comment