This is how I catch him, all weekend long. Drawing, coloring, creating, writing. I love kindergarten and its affect on this boy of mine. I catch him counting softly to himself in the morning, randomly singing his ABCs, practicing his letters and numbers, and even learning how to pronounce his "L's".
(although, not hearing "I 'wuv' you Mama" is a tiny bit heart-breaking...)
On Saturday before his soccer game, he sat still for almost an hour, copying words from a bottle of hot sauce onto a piece of paper. Yes--copying words from a hot sauce bottle. I thought it was cute--adorable even--but I didn't realize that he intended to give it to his soccer coach. He wrapped it up in a couple of envelopes, plastered it with tape, and lovingly handed it over. I thought my heart would burst with both the sheer love he poured into this little crazy gift and a little bit of panic that the coach wouldn't understand the value.
I can't get enough of this creative, expressive Jameson. It's amazing to watch it unfold.
1 comment:
I hope the coach enjoyed his present. Great to hear that he is excited about learning. Tonight he will be excited about "treats."
Post a Comment