And get out we did. We went to the Farmer's Market, the cider mill, the park. We found leaves and rocks and other treasures, and savored the tastes and sites of the season---all while wearing shorts and t-shirts in unseasonably warm weather.
I let the pressures of work slip away, and enjoyed the warmth of the weekend and the beauty of the season. It was a good weekend.
This past weekend, the weather took a turn. It was cold and windy and frequently rainy. Besides getting out for a cold soccer game on Saturday, Jameson and I huddled inside while Stefan and Alex went away on a cub-scout overnight. And that time in--together--was great in its own way. We read books together and spent hours building with legos. I made lentil soup and we did some cleaning and rearranging of our indoor space.
Next weekend---Alex's birthday and the start of the Halloween festitivities.
No comments:
Post a Comment