I started this post to record a few moments from Sunday, when the weather was unseasonably warm and we ventured outside as much as possible. The boys enjoyed playing ball, Jameson earned some money cleaning my car, and Alex and I stopped at a local coffee shop during our errands. (despite Jameson's capitalistic endeavors, I do think Alex and I got the best out of the deal...)
But really, my mind is on Monday evening. There's a particular moment standing out in my mind. I don't have a picture to post, but rather a picture in my mind. I came downstairs from helping Alex with a project to find Jameson reading on the couch.
It took Alex until sometime in second grade to voluntarily read---to read just for the fun of it. So to see this little guy sitting there, absorbed in a book, with no parental pushing or involvement, was heart-warming to say the least. "I'm even reading the WORDS, Mama," he said. I was so proud. And then---to add frosting to the already sweet cake---he asked me to make him a cup of herbal tea.
Tea and books? Not the Jameson that I normally think of... oh, but I loved this brief change of scene from the rough-and-tumble-boy we all know and love.
No comments:
Post a Comment