Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy, crabby day


It's a rainy day here, made much more difficult by the "terrible twos," which have snuck up on us. Suddenly, our sweet toddler is beating on his brother, laying down on the floor of the coffee shop and wailing, and otherwise wreaking havoc in what just weeks ago seemed to be a reasonable household. In the midst of it, especially at the coffee shop, I'm running around, trying to hold it together, and feeling like I'm losing my mind one tantrum at a time. (these are the times when I really admire my amazing, stay-at-home husband)

Maybe I'm having memory lapses, though. Is life with two young boys ever easy?

Well, apparently it was last Sunday night, when I took these pictures. The boys were happy, I was happy, the weather was beautiful, and the homemade popsicles were a big hit. I mean, it's just some juice in frozen form, but somehow with these new popsicle molds shaped like rocket ships, frozen juice is AMAZING and COOL and something they beg for.

Let's see... give them something processed and sugary for dessert, or some juice... tough decision.



More pictures available here.

2 comments:

Jen White Doom said...

We just bought those same rocket pop makers, and have been making apple juice pops that the kids love! I'd like to get more creative with them, but that hasn't happened yet.

Christine said...

How funny that we have the same ones! I made a peach and yogurt creation that I thought was fantastic, but Alex likes the plain juice variety better.