But Monday, I had a hard time leaving the boys and going back into my adult world, after so many wonderful days with these kiddos.
Especially this boy...
This boy, with the chubby cheeks that remind me of his babyhood, yet who is so determined to be a "big boy" like his brother. This boy, who grows and changes so fast, that I'm afraid I'll miss things when I go to work.
But later, in the evening, Stefan went off to a meeting and I was alone with my two little funny creatures for a while before their bedtime. And they seemed to have missed me too---but their way of expressing it was to fight each other to get as physically close to me as possible. There were "horsey" rides on my back, there were boys propelling themselves off the furniture into my arms, they were brutally hugging me (while trying to push the other away... "MY TURN WITH MAMA"). I was flattered with all this attention and tried to keep the sibling rivalry at bay and not get hurt with all of their rough-housing.
Despite all the chaos, I was loving this little bit of crazy time with them. I was soaking in as much of their funny affection as I possibly could... so I could get through the next work day!
No comments:
Post a Comment