Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yep, it's winter

I know, so I went on and on about how I'm going to be so busy and I won't be blogging much, and then here I go blogging again. But what can I say... I thought I'd give my parents their picture fix.

The boys and I were outside for quite a while today... shoveling and goofing off. And I just had to snap a few pictures.

Like this one:
And this one:


And don't forget about this one:

(Mom and Dad, how's that??)
And, I want to jot down a few things about this weekend that I don't want to forget, because it is so easy for me to lost track of the little, delightful moments of parenting when I'm caught up with the hectic and long days.
Last night, I was trying to multi-task. I had been watching a stack of National Geographic magazines gather dust all week long. There were pictures of volcanoes! Of bald eagles in Alaska! Of foreign places that I hope to visit! All waiting for me to absorb. But... the quiet moment had not yet arrived when I could soak them in.
Until I tried to multi-task, that is. Alex was in the tub, but wanted me to sit in the bathroom while he bathed. I didn't just want to SIT there. I had things to do! A living room to clean! Magazines waiting!!

But, knowing that my time with him was going to be pretty sparse for the next few weeks, I went in to keep him company. On a whim, I picked up one of those National Geographics along the way... and (if you haven't guessed it by now) we had a fabulous time together. His fascination with the world and how it works never ceases to amaze me. What was I thinking, hording those magazines to myself? This was a much, much better solution to my problem of finding time to read them.
Alex apparently agreed, because he asked (ASKED!) for a bath tonight, just so we read them together again. Okay, Alex, if you twist my arm...

The other moment I want to remember has to do with these pictures. I convinced the boys to lay down next to each other, so I could get a few posed pictures together. I was trying to get them to smile, so I told them to yell, "I LOVE MY BROTHER!"
Jameson had his own statement to yell...

I LOVE ALEX'S BROTHER!

We're thrilled with such self-confidence, especially at a young age!

No comments: