We’ve had a nice, relaxing few days, especially compared to the hustle and bustle of the Christmas holiday. If I had to pick a word to describe the last few days, it would be SPACE.
::SPACE in my closet, after clearing out things I no longer want or need. (and ohhh, it feels so good to clear that all out!)
::SPACE on our bookshelf, after Jameson decided on a better method for sorting them. Perhaps this is the “Google” generation? Throw things in a big pile and then search at will? (this picture reminds me of one from almost a year ago)
::SPACE in the living room, after the Christmas tree came down. Now we have space again for “PIC-PICS” (picnics) and reading books and playing with cars. I've enjoying having time to slow down with this little guy, when I'm not rushing to or from work, or fixing dinner or cleaning up. What a treat to experience life at his pace and to get into his world. Even if it means reading the same book over and over. And over.
::SPACE on our craft table, after all the wrapping paper is put away, for Alex to make some more Lego creations. This boy never, ever tires of Legos.
::And last, but definitely not least, periodic visits to outerSPACE by two brothers, one trying out all the features of his new lego set, the other imitating every action and word of his brother.
And the best part of all of this extra SPACE and time? I still have two more days of it. I’m storing up as much of this free, wonderful time with the boys to look back on during my very busy and hectic January.
More pictures here.
No comments:
Post a Comment