Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Oh yeah, I remember THREE now

Jameson and I have had quite a bit of time recently with just the two of us. While Stefan and Alex are off doing things that require a bit more fortitude, stamina, or perhaps just someone who won't break into tantrum, he and I are at home doing three-year-old things.



I forgot about three. Just as his big brother did, Jameson is settling in to this frustrating and adorable age known as three. While many people talk of the "terrible two's," in our house it is the "terrible three's" that leave us wanting to run for the hills. The higher levels of sophistication in communication, plus another year under his belt in developing his personal preferences, leads to higher levels of frustration and more tantrums.



On the other hand, when he is cute... he is very, very cute.



Take last night, when Stefan and Alex were off at the Art Fair... Jameson and I shared veggie pizza picnic style on the living room floor, and then he jumped off the couch for about 30 minutes. I lounged, sipped wine, and snapped pictures while he provided entertainment for us both.


And the night before that, while his brother and father were shopping for their upcoming camping trip, Jameson had enormous amounts of fun with three things... a tub, the hose, and his watering can.


Had bed-time not interrupted, I think it would have gone on for hours. And obviously, I really needed the patio watered. (I did convince him to water some of the plants, but the cement was so much more entertaining)



Oh, THREE, let's hope the adorable outweighs the difficult...

No comments: