Good-bye, quiet, clean, neat house, where counters are clear and the living room is free of toys and back-packs and crocs.
Good-bye restful evenings, movie nights, and dinners where no one begs for mac-and-cheese.
Hello chaos and craziness and mess.
Hello laughter and huge, huge hugs and wrestling matches with Daddy.
Hello oldest son, full of stories and dreams and plans for camp next year.
Yes, our quiet, calm week without the boys has come to an end, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Don't get me wrong---we really loved our little vacation from parenting---but I was ready for their return. The house is a mess, the laundry piles are huge, and the living room is covered in toys and a sleeping bag. But my sweet boys are back--safe and happy--and life feels whole again.
Hello little boy (who I would never dare call a little boy), who clings to me tightly as if needing reassurance that I'm still his Mama.
Yes, our quiet, calm week without the boys has come to an end, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Don't get me wrong---we really loved our little vacation from parenting---but I was ready for their return. The house is a mess, the laundry piles are huge, and the living room is covered in toys and a sleeping bag. But my sweet boys are back--safe and happy--and life feels whole again.
No comments:
Post a Comment