Sunday, July 19, 2009

Together again

On Saturday, we were all happy to be together again. Stefan and Alex had gone on a three-day Scout camp-out and were full of stories of (chilly) swimming, archery, crafts and games. Jameson had spent a night--and most of two days--with his "Babapa" (Stefan's parents). He had his own adventures--both made up and real. As for me, I had a NIGHT BY MYSELF, which was so amazing that I must again thank Jim and Gustie (thank you, thank you, thank you!).

Within about 90 seconds of Stefan and Alex arriving home, sibling rivalry flared up... MINE MINE MINE, Jameson yelled. But despite this, and despite all the fun we had apart, it sure felt good to have our little family of four together again. So what better way to celebrate than to make a fire in the backyard and roast some marshmallows?




Alex sure did agree to the plan... in fact I think it was his idea.
I'm going to miss this boy when he heads off to overnight camp on Saturday...



But I digress... Jameson has an interesting style of "roasting" his marshmallows. He gets as close as possible to the flames so he can light his marshmallow on fire...



And then he enlists the help of his big brother to blow them out...


I guess siblings do come in handy, occasionally. Just not when they try to play with any of YOUR toys.



1 comment:

Christine said...

Thanks! I'm trying to record as much as I can...