Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Jameson's Potty Party




Dear Jameson,
On Sunday we celebrated YOU and your recent accomplishment of successfully potty-training during the day. Someday, perhaps not too long from now, you’ll roll your eyes and be embarrassed when we bring up how the hastily assembled gang of friends and family sang “Happy Potty to You” as you sat in front of your pink cake.

But then I’ll remind you that Sunday, my dear boy, you were calling the shots.
I WAN A CAKE, MAMA.

I WAN A BIG CAKE AND I WAN EVERYONE TO TUM OVER!

You picked out the pink cake, you put the sprinkles on, you lined up the candles. You demanded singing, and you demanded lots of people come over. You orchestrated this whole party, Jameson. (well, with the exception of the candy bowl… the occasion called for prunes and tootsie rolls… thanks for the tips, Sharon!)




And when we all gathered, you were so overcome with happiness and joy that your little body couldn’t handle it all... You attempted to climb up to my shoulders as if you were a mountain climber… You hid your face in my neck… You covered your ears during the singing, and then you screeched loudly (LIKE DAR WARS, MAMA!) while others attempted to eat their cake.

In other words, it wasn’t too far from a typical Jameson day.

We were delighted to arrange this little party for you, Jameson. Almost as delighted as we are about having far fewer diapers to change these days. Keep up the good work, and just remember that I’ll always be ready to cheer you on or make pink cakes to celebrate you and your amazing accomplishments.
Love, Mama




2 comments:

Grandpa said...

Congratulations JJ. I am sorry to have missed the "potty party" of the century.

Shannon said...

that's awesome! I wish I would have had a potty party =)