Sunday, June 26, 2011

Exhausting




Hosting a birthday party in which six little five-year-old's ran wild was really, really challenging and exhausting. So exhausting that I don't have the energy to write about all the nuances.


The things I'll take from this day...


--Creating a lego cake (see picture above)

--Discovering that Jameson had shoved macaroni down the bathroom sink shortly before guests arrived

--Jameson's pure delight in the entire process


For him, I'll take the exhaustion. For next year, I might just try to bribe him with a cool trip or adventure instead of facing the daunting task of hosting a party!









2 comments:

Connie said...

Nice Cake, Mom! Jameson looks so important putting the plastic ware out for the party. What! No pictures of kids running screaming around at THE party! Did they like the gift bags?

Love, G'ma

Christine said...

The gift bags were a BIG HIT! Thanks Mom.