My mom came up to visit last weekend! During the course of the weekend, she saved me an incredible amount of money by tailoring about 5-6 pairs of pants and a suit jacket (darn pants are always too short!). She also babysat and babysat and babysat... much to our delight. Stefan was able to spend a lot of time in Ypsilanti working on the rental property, and I was able to do some last minute shopping before my first week of work started.
On Saturday morning, Alex, Jameson, and I took Grandma to the farmer's market. While we were enjoying coffee, milk, muffins, and bagels, Alex said, "Grandpa is missing all the fun!" And indeed he was. But Grandpa has to get some extra work in before going on vacation in September.
We had an attempted sleep-over with Sylvie, but when I checked on them, she claimed to not be feeling well. In order to set her mind at ease, I took her temperature. (this is a technique when I think Alex is bluffing.... look Alex, no temperature! you are fine!) But... she did have a small fever. After a quick consultation with her mother, they decided to bring her home. Hopefully we can try again soon.
Between yoga class and shopping and a trip to Ypsilanti to see the rental property, my weekend passed quickly and I started my NEW JOB.
All is going well so far... lots of things to learn and people to meet. It's definitely a different world, but I think I'll enjoy it.
No comments:
Post a Comment