Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh Baby





The carrier is a hit! I walked all around downtown on Monday with it and felt pretty good. Later that night, I could tell by the tweaks in my muscles that I had worked them differently then normal, but it was a good kind of soreness.



Jameson is developing a little more every day. It seems to be happening so fast! His most recent "development" is making a hand signal to say "I don't know" or "where is it?" or "who is that person?". It looks like a little shrug, with the palms of his little hands turned up. I love seeing these little developments. It is fascinating to watch the emergence of communication skills and his personality.



He also continues to be fascinated with shoes--and now socks. We'll hear him say "sssss sssss" and he'll appear, carrying some shoes or socks. Of course, being a baby, he doesn't leave them where he finds them, so we are all learning to put our shoes in a closed off area of the house if we don't want to go searching for them when we need them!



"Papa" (Jim, Stefan's dad) was over tonight. Both boys wanted Papa's attention pretty badly. I let Alex be the winner--the poor guy really needed some attention, and Jameson cried and cried as I took him away to distract him.



Alex really needs to start kindergarten. As we work on the house and try to get errands done, it is hard to keep him occupied, challenged, and entertained. In fact, one day last week we suggested he call Sylvie (his best friend). I thought they would just chat for a while on the phone---they have recently started talking on the phone after the grown-ups talk---but they arranged a play date!



Nearly every day, Alex asks to go swimming. At dinner today, he declared that we need to move to an island. That way, he can swim anytime he wants since we'll be surrounded by water. He wants to find an island that is near Rochester, New York, so he can see his cousins as often as possible.



I took Alex on some errands today. The local food pantry is in need, so we did a shopping trip specifically for food to donate. He was pretty good about it---I tried to get him to understand that some people don't have enough to eat so we need to share---and I hope he understood.



Sorry, no pictures of Alex today, but I have a few with Jameson and I and our new contraption. I'll take many more pictures tomorrow when we drive up to visit Pop on his 86th birthday!


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oooh, looks like the blue/camel Ergo! I love it! I've got my eye on the blue/seersucker but David says I have to wait to buy more baby stuff until there's, well . . . a baby to use the stuff!