Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pictures of the reader

It is amazing how much blogging you can get done when your family sleeps in!


Here are two pictures of Jameson and I reading together in September that I forgot to publish.




In other news, Alex has another soccer game today. My friend Regina is going--and Alex is just DELIGHTED. He actually asked me if "just Regina" could take him--so he can have her to himself, I guess!--but I'm not about to pass up a soccer game and time with her!


So Alex mapped out a plan... next weekend he wants only Daddy to take him (Daddy is busy today getting ready for a Volksmarch on Sunday) and then Grandma and Grandpa can take him---and then the next game "just Regina" can take him. Hmm. We'll see about that.


Jameson is starting to wake up... time to switch modes.


It's now nearly lunch-time and Jameson is still taking his morning nap. We went to the farmer's market, and then I ignored the laundry and the housecleaning and instead got a well-deserved shower and "down-time". I can never get enough down-time!


I've made a wonderful salad with the takings from the Farmer's Market! Yum!

I keep forgetting to mention that Alex now likes to be referred to as "Danger Boy" because of his propensity to climb to high places and jump down (but, as he says, "only when Mama says 'OK'"). I think he sees himself as a super-hero and this is "Title".

I don't often use this blog to talk about anything other than the kids, but I thought I'd mention "Vegetarian Wednesday". It was started by a father-daughter duo for various reasons, mainly wanting to start thinking about going vegetarian (but not all at once!). The daughter (age 9) is torn between loving animals and yet loving meat. I'm more in line with her father. His reasons revolve around the contributions of the meat industry to global warming and the health issues of diets high in animal products.


They were featured in the Ann Arbor News recently--which is how I found out about it!
So, I'm not about to become vegetarian, but I'm going to try to do it a few days out of every week. Here's their website: vegetarian-wednesday.blogspot.com.


No comments: