Everyone is asleep but me--and it is after 7am! A miracle!
But, we are all a little sick and Jameson was up several times last night so it isn't too surprisingly.
But, we are all a little sick and Jameson was up several times last night so it isn't too surprisingly.
And, we had a small adventure last night.
We were having a family pizza-and-movie night in the basement. Stefan made the BEST pizza---note to self: goat cheese with red peppers on pizza is fabulous!
Jameson was doing his usual... wondering between Stefan and I taking bites. But then he tripped and hit his chin on my old toy crib. Ouch! Stefan picked him up and started to confort him---when I noticed a big glob of blood falling out of Jameson's mouth and on to Stefan's shirt!!
It turns out, he big into the middle of his tongue with his two front teeth. And boy, did it bleed! He was happy as can be after about 2 minutes, but the blood coming out of his mouth made the rest of us a little uneasy. I had to move outside with him because he was mouthing everything in site and covering it all in blood!
When it didn't stop after 5-6 minutes, I called the nurse hotline. After another 15-20 minutes, I finally got to talk to a nurse!
By then the bleeding had slowed down. After running through some questions, she recommended either holding a sterile cloth to his tongue for ten minutes (yeah right! Ever tried to do that to a toddler? The few times I tried to get him to open his mouth were painful enough---once he bit me so hard he almost broke my skin!) or give him a popsicle.
We opted for the popsicle!
Stefan did a quick run to the store and then we all enjoyed some strawberry popsicles. As expected, Jameson was a quick study in the enjoyment of popsicles!
No comments:
Post a Comment