Saturday, November 17, 2007

Bliss




I'm feeling quite blissful right now, for several reasons:


1) I'm drinking a fabulous cup of tea. It is some sort of high-class gourmet tea that I got as a free sample at the farmer's market (China Yunnan Golden Downy Pekoe, to be exact).



2) Jameson is busy with Stefan outside, so I'm not chasing him around the house or reading him books. (not that I should complain about reading books, because in theory it is awesome that he is so fascinated... but how many times can I possibly read "Brown Bear Brown Bear" without wishing I could just read him my yoga magazine instead?)



3) Alex and Sylvie are down the basement playing Star Wars---meaning I'm not downstairs playing Star Wars, or worse yet making up excuses for why I don't feel like playing Star Wars! I gave Sylvie the kid's Leah costume that I bought when I was trying to find a wig (the wig didn't fit me, but she sure does love it!). Again I am witnessing some of the opposing forces when these two play... Alex gathered all the "weapons" for their game (light sabers, etc) while Sylvie gathered up all of Jameson's toy food. I'm curious to see where their imaginations are going, but not curious enough (yet) to get involved!



4) My "upper respiratory infection" seems to be going away! Ten days ago my minor sore throat would have really been bugging me... but after last week it seems like nothing! As my friend Jenni says, It is like a new lease on life! It reminds me of the joy of eating food at a proper pace after my boot camp experience (where every meal was eaten at attention within 8 minutes), or the joy of sleeping in a bed after camping. Just a return to "normal" makes you appreciate it all over again.

5) The kids were adorable playing with leaves outside a few minutes ago. Who needs toys or electronics or TV when you have leaves??


Bottom line... it doesn't take a whole lot to keep me happy these days! A break from my kids and a good cup of tea!




1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.