I’m trying to ignore the fact that it is SNOWING outside, which some negates my previous posts on spring, and am going to write instead about a few memorable moments from the weekend.
1. Jameson tried to convince me to let him use the computer, by saying, “Mama, I need to ews the BIG PUTER to check mine EMAIL.” It makes me wonder who he has been secretly corresponding to? Does he tell BANA and PATA (Jameson’s name for my parents) about when his mean Mama and Daddy deny him extra desserts? Or does he chat with other toddlers, lamenting on the struggle of potty-training and the art of tantrums? Unfortunately the world will never know, since I didn’t let him use the computer.
2. I took Alex on a long-promised trip to the local climbing gym today. It had been years since I had climbed. Let me tell you, climbing is hard. Very, very hard. It is especially hard when you remember how much easier it was 8 or 9 years ago before having children. But Alex, on the other hand, has the climbing gene. And he’s fearless, too. Which means I try my hardest to be fearless as well, for his sake. Which basically means that I try not freak out too much over how high he can get.
3. When Jameson found out that Alex and I were going on a special outing, which I eloquently described as a “Big Boy Thing” he immediately demanded a “Jay-Jay thing” with Daddy. (I admire this attitude… rather than sulking over not being included, he is inventing his own fun) You can imagine Stefan’s surprise, when he walked in the door from a meeting, and this little boy was demanding that they “GO DO A JAY-JAY THING RIGHT NOW, DADDY”. Luckily Stefan is an obliging father, and took him to the Dinosaur Museum.
4. Stefan asked Alex and I if we had any ideas for Cub Scout activities for this summer. I suggested canoeing. Alex suggested hot air ballooning—and was surprised when we laughed! I can definitely say that we’re raising a kid who knows how to dream big.
5. A neighbor stopped by on Saturday with some clothes that her youngest boy had grown out of. Her son came along, and personally handed Jameson a pair of stretchy, sporty shorts. Jameson immediately wanted to put them on—I’m not sure if the thrill was the fun older boy giving them to him, or the fact that they reminded him of Alex’s soccer shorts. (Anything to do with soccer is very cool, since Alex plays it.) Regardless, those shorts were on his body for the rest of the waking hours of the weekend, as long as he was in the house. When he was forced to leave the house (and thus change into more weather-appropriate pants), he carried the shorts with him in his backpack. You know, just in case there was an emergency requiring shorts.
All in all, another eventful weekend with the boys. I'm sorry to see it come to an end, mostly because I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to be incredibly sore when I wake up tomorrow.
1 comment:
climbing! You're a glutton for punishment!
Post a Comment