Thursday, June 4, 2009

Moments with Jameson

Jameson and I were on our own this evening because Stefan and Alex went out to a Cub Scout meeting. Jameson decided that he needed some graham crackers on the back porch. I decided that I needed to sit back, soak in my little boy, and take some pictures.

It is pretty easy to adore a toddler… the little cute bodies, their attachment to parents and family, and their funny expressions are just irresistible… it is what makes it possible for us to put up with the tantrums and crazy behavior, I suppose.

This little guy, though, has been going through quite a fun stage the last few weeks. His words and expressions are so much fun—even if it takes me a while to figure it out.


The other morning he declared the following:

I’M GOING TO BING THE DA-BA AT BABAPA’S HOUSE.

He was going to be going to his Szumko Grandparents (Babapa, in Jameson-ese), but I wasn’t sure what a “DA-BA” was.

You’re going to bring what? I asked.

I’M GOING TO BING THE DA-BA AT BABAPA’S HOUSE.

He reminded me a little of the stereotypical American travelling abroad... if they don't understand you, speak louder!! But I still didn't get it.

Bring what? I thought.

Then Alex lazily looked down upon us from his top bunk and said, “Mama, he wants to RING the DOOR BELL.”

Ooohh….



Then this morning he overheard me telling Stefan that his fever was gone (Jameson was sick on Wednesday… but it was gone by today, thank goodness).

NO MAMA, I STILL HAB A FEE-BER.

No, Jameson, remember taking your temperature? The thermometer said that your fever was gone, I tried to explain.

NO, MAMA, I HAB A FEE-BER. LET ME SHOW YOU.

And then he pointed out into the backyard and said,

LOOK, MAMA, IT IS MY BIRD FEE-BER.


Oh, Jameson, I do enjoy our moments together...

No comments: