This is the part of any trip where I feel so overwhelmed with packing and cleaning that I start to think... next year let's just stay home.
Within about 15 minutes of leaving our house, I'll be content again. Actually, much more than content. I love the thrill of the "open road," the travelling to new and different places. The open suitcase in the living room, however, doesn't thrill me nearly so much.
We're taking three days to drive down to Holden Beach, North Carolina, where we'll spend a week with my family. On the way down we're going to visit the Serpent Mounds, do some hiking, and perhaps explore a few museums. After the week of sun, surf, and family, we're going to drive up to Washington, DC, to visit my grandma and various aunts, uncles and cousins. Oh--and the touristy thing too, of course!
Then a few more days of driving lands up back in Michigan just in time for a couples of days to unwind before heading back to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment