How is it possible that he turned EIGHT a few days ago??
I mean, it was only a few days ago (more or less) that we were hiking through the woods in Germany, enjoying the freedom of the baby backpack as compared to our bulky stroller.
I mean, it was only a few days ago (more or less) that we were hiking through the woods in Germany, enjoying the freedom of the baby backpack as compared to our bulky stroller.
And it was only yesterday that we were exploring Northern Virginia with our cheerful toddler.

Then it was only this morning (right?) we were battling Michigan winters with our pre-schooler. (recognize the coat?)

Oh, and I couldn't forget when we brought home our new baby with the help of a hesitant but very interested four and a half year old. That day couldn't possibly be over three years ago.

Eight years seems to have passed in an instant, yet it hardly seems possible that there was a time when he wasn't in my life. So I've given up making sense of it, and am instead trying to enjoy every day with him. I'm sure the next eight years will pass just as quickly.

Then it was only this morning (right?) we were battling Michigan winters with our pre-schooler. (recognize the coat?)

Oh, and I couldn't forget when we brought home our new baby with the help of a hesitant but very interested four and a half year old. That day couldn't possibly be over three years ago.
Eight years seems to have passed in an instant, yet it hardly seems possible that there was a time when he wasn't in my life. So I've given up making sense of it, and am instead trying to enjoy every day with him. I'm sure the next eight years will pass just as quickly.

No comments:
Post a Comment