Thursday, October 15, 2009

Strangers, beware


This week in pre-school Jameson learned the ever-important rules on how to handle oneself should a stranger try to engage him in conversation or entice him with candy.

We reviewed the lessons at home.

Me: Jameson, what did the teacher say to do?

J: Yell NOOOOOOO. Then run 'way. Then tell Mama.

Me: Oh, that's great. Good job.

J: And then, I come get my light sabre. I FIGHT THE STANGER!

Me: I don't think that's such a good idea. Just find a parent or a grown up you know.

J: No, I get my light sabre. I SCARE STANGER WITH LIGHT SABRE. I be like STAR WARS!!!

Me: Uh... JJ, let's start at the begining again. All you need to do is tell the stranger "NO" and then run to a parent or trusted adult.

J: NO, I CAN GET MY LIGHT SABRE, MAMA!



Something tells me we'll be revisiting this topic.


2 comments:

wrgarvey said...

Haha! Awesome.

Is it too nerdy to admit that I had a conversation with another Lt last week about how cool it would be if lightsabers actually existed? I guess you don't grow out of it.

Christine said...

Ha! Alex had that same converation with Stefan a few days ago.