Saturday, October 10, 2009

Potty Mouth


As typical in homes where there is a child potty-training, bodily functions are a frequent conversation topic.

But none so great as the other evening, when we were sitting in our house with a neighbor. Jameson was telling this neighbor about his famous Potty Party while spinning around and falling down. (someone without a three-year-old boy may think that the "falling down" party is a little ridiculous, but really... they live for this stuff.)

"I HAD A CAKE AND DANDLES," as he spins. "I HAD A PAR-TEE BECAUSE I POOPED ON DA POTTY FIVE TIMES," as he falls down. "OH SHIT!"

Oh shit? What? The neighbor must have started thinking about our use of language in front of our children... while I was frozen for an instant, wondering... did my three-year-old son really just say that? (and why, oh why, in front of a neighbor?)

But another instant later we were laughing, and the red flush of embarrassment quickly seeped out of my cheeks.

Jameson reached down under the computer desk and pulled out a toy that had been lost for a day or two...

Oh....SHIP!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that is SO classic!