Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March?

In my memory, March in Michigan has always been a bit of a struggle... we get a few poundings of snow (just when snow is particularly unwelcome). We get cold temperatures... just when you start thinking spring jackets would be nice change of pace.

But today---and over the last few weeks--we've been having mild, spring-like weather. I know that the snow and cold may return for one last chebang before spring finally arrives, but we are soaking up every last ounce of warmth and sun while its here.

And as for me, after a few doses of antibiotics I'm feeling much better. Good enough to get the boys out to the park (but not good enough to remember the good camera). I snapped away with the little camera on my iPhone, and I thought I'd share the results.




I love how they are laughing together in this next one. Our evening outside was filled with laughter and "watch this Mama" and shouts (okay, and one or two IT'S MY TURN, DOP IT A-YIX's thrown in for good measure). I never would have thought that they would be as close as they are with a four-and-a-half year age difference.






This one is almost my favorite. Can you tell what he's doing?? He's trying to remove Alex's hand so he falls. (and before you think anything negative about this little guy, I'll mention that Alex encouraged it! Hey J! Try to make me fall! Boys!)










Love the light of the sunset on Jameson... I only wish I could have captured in on the "real" camera.




This one is my favorite. Look at that confidence... look at that smile... look at that blue sky!

Weather like this in late April or May would be wonderful---but not so surprising or unexpected. That element of surprise--that feeling of this is too good to last--makes me cherish every possible minute outside with these boys.
Even more so than usual, that is.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Alex looks like a smaller sized Army Ranger. He has the healthy, but, strong and lean look that I remember from my days at Benning