The first was trying this recipe for healthy rice crispy treats made with almond butter. I saw this recipe on one of my favorite blogs, and immediately added the ingrediants to my shopping list. The boys were lucky that day, because I accidentally bought the brown-rice cereal that has some chocolate in it. Alex just thinks that the treats are "chocolate rice crispy treats" and can't get enough of them. That they have almond butter and only natural sugars in them has remained an elusive fact. I think I'll keep it that way. And because Alex can't get enough of them, another little creature in our house also can't get enough of them. We went through a whole pan of them on Saturday, and half of a pan yesterday. There have already been requests for these treats to be tucked into lunch bags. It's been ages since something I made in the kitchen met rave reviews (especially something that includes almond butter!) and so I'm relishing it.
The second was following a little Jedi Knight around the neighborhood, as he did his best to fight the evil forces of the galaxy. He donned a very serious expression in his play, waving his light sabre at invisible evil targets. He even whacked a few trees for good measure and made menacing gestures at an innocent dog. Throughout it all, I could see his inner dialogue played out clearly in his expressions. What he won't remember--what he didn't even realize--is that he was spreading good will in another way. His innocence and general "cuteness" not only lightened my heart, but brought smiles from neighbors and random strangers we passed on our little journey. And so even though he won't remember, I get to relish the memory.
And even more lucky, I remembered my camera and recorded as much of it as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment