Monday, May 31, 2010

Front Porch



I remember looking across the street (at the house we now live in) and admiring the porch. It sure seemed like a perfect place for a snack, for a conversation with a neighbor, or for playtime with the boys. I coveted that porch, anxious for the day when we would live in this house and inhabit the long, covered porch.








And now, we live in this house with the big porch. I know we used it a few times in the fall, but with the busy-ness of moving quickly followed by the cold weather, it didn't get fully established into our family life.



Enter spring... the porch is quickly becoming the center around our outdoor time. Alex practices his skateboarding on it daily, and Jameson does his best to keep up on his scooter. Right the boys are on the porch, bouncing balls and listening to a storm roll in.



On Friday our porch became both our playroom and our dining room. Jim motored over in his awesome chair from across the street, and a Risk game was set up. Gustie and I added some spinach pizza, fresh cantaloupe, and lemonade, and we had dinner.



The next day, Alex and a friend set up another game of Risk and spent a few hours together... playing and snacking and talking. I couldn't have been more pleased; this wonderful, shaded, cool space is quickly becoming indispensable!











No comments: