Monday, May 31, 2010

Don't take my laugh



Jameson started to say "What the HECK!" in the last few days. I'm not sure where he picked it up, but we've been trying to get it out of his vocabulary.

We suggest other phrases (Oh my goodness, or Oh my Gosh) and give encouragement to use those.

He seemed to be catching on, and I was hearing less "What the HECK" and much more "Oh my GOSH" over the last few days.


We were playing Legos down the basement together, when he turned to me and said,


"You took my words, Mama!"


I took your words?, I replied.


"Yes, Mama. You took my words, 'What the heck.' But that's okay that you took my words."


Good, Jameson. I'm glad you don't mind. Those aren't nice words to say.




"But Mama," he continued, with a very serious face, "Will you take my laugh?"


No, Jameson, I won't take your laugh.



Pictures taken by Stefan during a recent "Star Wars game".

2 comments:

Connie said...

Do you remember all the hours we spent on the back patio? Meals, games, play, birthday parties (not yours!) Even a great birthday party for G'ma Mess. We played crochet in the backyard.

Love, Mom

Christine said...

I remember! Great times...