Sunday, June 20, 2010

Finally Finished


Just when I thought it couldn't last any longer, the school year ended. And while the last few weeks seemed to have drawn out the end for me, it all went rather quickly for Alex. The morning of the last day, he seemed a little stunned to find himself at this milestone.





Can you believe it is already the end of the school year, Mama?












It seemed like just two weeks ago we were having snow days!



I can't believe how fast it went, Mama. It seems like we were just starting second grade. (okay, I'll agree to that too... )



And finally, he seemed to hit on the biggest truth of all...


Mama, I think that each day goes slow, but the weeks and months go fast. Isn't that strange?







He repeated that last statement a few times that morning, letting it sink in and marvelling at the passage of time and the completion of another year of school. But then, after posing for a few photos in his graduation hat, he promptly stored it and his math books in his space upstairs, and got down to the business of summer.





Playing, relaxing, and throwing balls at your little brother. Bring it on.



(the artwork he is holding are my two favorite pieces that he brought home this year. Didn't he do a great job?)


No comments: