Yet they still find connection, play together, and show affection.
Sometimes the differences in their interests and skills make for very memorable conversations.
In the car...
A: Mama, do you know what I want?
M: No, what?
A: An I-Pod Touch. They are SO cool. It is like ...
J: MAMA!
M: Jameson, you are interrupting Alex. Please wait until he's finished with this thought.
J: Okay.
A: So anyway. It's like a phone, but you can't dial. You can get the internet and ...
J: Mama, you know what I can do?
A: AHHHH!
M: Jameson, you interrupted again. Remember how we've been talking about this? PLEASE let Alex finish his thought.
J: Let him finish?
M: Yes.
A: So you can get the internet and games and my friend has one. I want one. You can play all the same games like I play on your iPhone.
(small pause while I try to think on how to let him down easy)
J: Can I talk now?
M: Yes Jameson.
(saved, for now)
J: Mama, you know what I can do?
M: No, Jameson, what can you do?
J: I CAN DRAW TEETH!
1 comment:
Isn't it great to be able to draw TEETH! How did you let Alex down?
Will it turn up on his birthday wishlist? I'm looking forward to Grandma Camp too!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment