Friday, September 10, 2010

Another first


Alex very eagerly started third grade this week.

I couldn't help but remember last year, when his first day of second grade was also our moving day. We seem to have a habit of starting big projects at this time of the year; this week, we are getting new windows installed.



Alex has a teacher who is new to the school. He was a little nervous about this, but at the same time excited to be back into the school routine, seeing his friends, enjoying recess, playing soccer.

I've heard nothing but good reports from him so far. He's pleased with his teacher and seems thrilled to go to school in the mornings. (oh, may this keep going for many more months!)

As he was laying sleepily in bed after the first day of school, he mused, "I bet this school year is going to go SO FAST. It will probably feel like just a few days. Before we know it, I'll be in fifth grade. Then just a little while after that I'll be in COLLEGE."



Oh, don't I know it, Alex. Thanks for the reminder to savor this time.


No comments: