Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Breakthrough at 0200

So... here I am, trying to wake up in time for my 6am yoga class (which I love!) but I'm a little tired. The reason? Jameson kept me up for almost an hour in the middle of the night.

The progress is that he's learning to communicate. This week he has mastered the sign for "more" (banging his hands together). Now he's figuring out other ways... when I went to pick him up, comfort him, and tell him to go back to sleep, he pointed eagerly towards the chair where he gets his bottle. In other words, feed me a bottle, Mama!

After going back to bed, listening to him cry, and pondering what to do next, I wondered if feeding him now would make him want to get up in the middle of every night. Or, is he really hungry and I'm torturing him? The mind squirms back and forth, especially at that early hour, and after he had been awake and fussing/crying for the better part of an hour, I gave in and fed him a bottle. (at the end of which, he asked for "more" using his cute sign... great initiative, but sorry kid, you're all done!)

No comments: