Thursday, June 28, 2007

Camp pics

It's two nights before we start our trip... and tomorrow will be busy but managable. News update: Jameson has a minor ear infection and I probably have a sinus infection (going to the doctor tomorrow... I have to wait two days to be seen but J can get in within two hours! I love our pediatrician).




Here are some pictures from camp. There are many, many more, but these are among the best.



Okay, just try to look at this one and not laugh!
This is my all-time favorite picture from camp. He's so decked out for swimming! (note: all of that gear, with the exception of the swim-suit, was eventually discarded!)The precurser to the ear infection, should we just nick-name him "drippy"? In contrast, Julia looked so neat and clean during this week at camp. This is Jameson on the boat ride, very unhappy with his life jacket.The kids and I on the boat ride. It was a wonderful little excursion around the lake. I arrived from Ann Arbor just in time to participate!

Alex and I participating in our favorite activities... for me, it is treading water in the lake watching my child having so much fun. For Alex, it is jumping into the lake with a "noodle" (over and over and over again). Sometimes he even managed to jump in without the "noodle" and then do a quick doggie-paddle swim to the ladder. We were all impressed.

Happy Daddy. Bill and Julia.Brave Heath and Stefan taking all the big kids out to the sail-boat. Jenni and Mo hung out with Julia and Jameson (Bill and I were working).

Mo and J-Mo. Doesn't Mo look so pretty in this picture?More strawberries, please! Jameson loves strawberries as much as Alex did at the same age. And as much as his mother does now!

Speaking of berries, I took both the boys to the farmer's market on Wednesday. After buying some muffins and blueberries, we got our drinks (coffee for me, flavored milk for Alex) and sat in one of my very favorite places in Ann Arbor---the courtyard at Kerrytown. Alex skipped around eating and drinking and talking, while Jameson ate and ate and ate those blueberries. I love how intense he is when eating something he really enjoys... he would reach out with his little hand, grasp the blueberries from me, hold them in a tight fist, and then jam them in his mouth. Then he pounds his hands together and squeals, demanding "More, more, Mama!".

It was a moment to savor.

No comments: